St. Paul's Ev. Lutheran Church

LCMS Cross

Missouri Synod

146 Tamarack St, Laurium, Michigan 49913

Pastor James K. Fundum

(906)337-0231

parsonage: (906)337-3810

The church was organized in 1879 with Rev. F.B. Arnold called in 1880 as the first resident pastor. The current structure was dedicated the Sunday before Christmas in 1899. Services were conducted in German for the first 25 years then became all English. The building includes an elaborate altar, large stained glass windows and a beautiful pipe organ. The interior was redecorated in 1979, with no significant alterations. 
Our congregation dedicated a new addition on April 30, 2000;. adding an elevator, wheelchair accessible bathroom and a pastor's study. 
Fifteen pastors have served the congregation since 1880.


Home